On 25 June 2020, Government gazetted a set of amendments to the Regulations that govern lockdown which came into effect immediately. Relevant Cabinet members were then called on to issue directives governing their respective portfolios. Today, these have been gazetted and are in effect.
Click here for the amended Level 3 Regulations, highlighting the new changes.
What does this mean for us?
Here are the major changes:
- Exercise from 06h00 to 18h00 in groups of up to 4 persons is now permitted, provided health protocols and social distancing measures are adhered to.
- Worship gatherings within the same province, conferences (for business purposes), cinemas, theatres and casinos are to open again. All of these are limited to 50 people or less, given the respective facilities, and are subject to strict adherence to all health protocols and social distancing measures.
- Sporting activities, subject to directions issued by the Cabinet member responsible for sport, are permitted in the following manner-
- non-contact sports matches, which may only include players, match officials, journalists, medical and television crew members; and
- contact sports for training only.
- Restaurants, Museums, Galleries, Libraries, Archives and all Personal Care enterprises may open again, subject to the strict adherence to all health protocols and social distancing measures.
The following premises remain closed and their related activities prohibited: Gyms; sports grounds and swimming pools (except for training of professional sportsmen and women and non-contact sports matches); fêtes and bazaars; night clubs; accommodation establishments not formally accredited and licensed, such as private homes for short term letting for paid leisure purposes; any on-consumption premises including bars, taverns and shebeens; beaches and public parks and both domestic air travel and travel on passenger ships for leisure.
There have been no changes made to the regulations governing the sale of tobacco or alcohol.
We shall continue to keep you updated as more information becomes available.
Miltons Matsemela Inc.
29 June 2020